Development of Aged Care Quality Standards Guidance and Resources for Providers
Since the release of the draft Standards in 2017, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has been consulting and developing draft guidance material to support their implementation. There has been positive engagement during consultations and detailed feedback has been received from service providers, consumers and their representatives, peak bodies and subject-matter experts.
Recent consultations included:
- Pilot testing of the draft Aged Care Quality Standards and guidance materials with providers, quality surveyors and consumers
- Public consultation on the draft guidance material
Ongoing consultations have been conducted via:
- the Standards Guidance Reference Group (link for more information and meeting communiques)
- the former Quality Advisory Group (a subcommittee of NACA)
- the former Quality Agency Liaison Group
- Health-related specialists, and other subject matter and academic experts
- former Australian Aged Care Quality Agency-run events such as Better Practice Conferences and provider workshops.
For more information on the new standards and guidance material see the new Standards summary page.