New Rules: Providers
Key changes under the new Commission Act and Rules
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018 (Act) establishes the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (Commission) and enables the Minister to make Rules prescribing matters for carrying out or giving effect to the Act.
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018 (Rules) give operational effect to the processes of the Commission. The Rules replace a number of Principles including the Quality Agency Principles 2013.
- Key changes for providers information sheet
- Language glossary
- Fact sheets on key changes:
- Accreditation and re-accreditation key changes fact sheet
- Assessment contacts key changes fact sheet
- Commonwealth home support programme key changes fact sheet
- Consent to access premises key changes fact sheet
- Quality review key changes fact sheet
- Request for specified information key changes fact sheet
- Review audits key changes fact sheet
- Transitional arrangements key changes fact sheet
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) will continue to communicate with the sector on these changes.
Regulatory Policy help desk
Providers can now access a Regulatory Policy help desk for support in understanding how the Commission will operate under the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018. Email email@example.com.